Liza established Liza Dawson Associates following a successful 20-year career in book publishing, including posts as executive editor of Putnam Publishing and executive editor at William Morrow. She received her B.A. in history from Duke University and is a graduate of the Radcliffe Publishing Procedures course.
Liza’s clients include:
- Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Their GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY (Dial) has been a New York Times Bestseller for two years now and has been sold into 37 countries.
- Robyn Carr, whose Virgin River series (Mira) has sold over two million copies and established Carr as a regular on the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists.
- Jean Sasson, author of PRINCESS: Life Behind the Veil in Saudia Arabia, the No. 1 international bestseller that inaugurated Sasson as the foremost voice for issues surrounding Middle Eastern women.
- Jesse Kellerman, whose cerebral thrillers have made his latest novel THE EXECUTOR into an international bestseller.
- Cody Mcfadyen, whose latest Smoky Barrett thriller debuted at No. 1 in Germany.
- Tawni O’Dell, the New York Times bestselling author of BACK ROADS and of recently published FRAGILE BEASTS.
Liza is on the board of the AAR (the Association of Author’s Representatives). She belongs to the Author’s Guild, the Mystery Writers of America, International Thriller Writers Inc and The Women’s Media Group.
She specializes in plot-driven literary fiction, thrillers of all sorts, mysteries, women’s fiction and historicals. She’s looking for storytellers with electric voices. In nonfiction, she is drawn to cross-cultural and women’s issues written by experts. She is looking for history, politics, parenting books, memoirs and narrative nonfiction.